UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Rushyford, Durham

Historical Description

Rushyford, a hamlet in Windleston township, Auckland St Andrew parish, Durham, 5½ miles ESE of Bishop Auckland, and 3 from Ferry Hill station on the N.E.R. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Ferry Hill, and the kennels of the South Durham Foxhounds.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyCounty Durham 
Poor Law unionAuckland 
WardDarlington 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Rushyford from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Rushyford are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online:

CountyCounty Durham
RegionNorth East
CountryEngland
Postal districtDL17

Advertisement

Advertisement