Pitt Hill, Durham
Pitt Hill, a hamlet in West Pelton ecclesiastical parish, Durham, 5 miles from Chester-le-Street. It has a post and money order office under Chester-le-Street; telegraph office, Stanley. There are collieries and a Wesleyan Methodist chapel.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: