UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Park Quarter, Durham

Historical Description

Park Quarter, one of the four quarters of Stanhope parish, Durham, on the river Wear, 3 miles W of Stanhope station on the N.E.R. It comprises the village and most of the ecclesiastical parish of Westgate. Much of the surface is moor and mountain. There are a church, and Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels at Westgate.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyCounty Durham 
Civil parishStanhope 
Poor Law unionWeardale 
WardDarlington 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Park Quarter from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.

Advertisement

Advertisement