Page Bank, Durham
Page Bank, a village in Stockley township, Brancepeth parish, Durham, 2 miles from Brancepeth station on the N.E.R. It has a post office under Willington (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Byers Green. There are a colliery, Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan chapels, and a reading-room.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.
Online maps of Page Bank are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: