Mount Pleasant (Tudhoe), Durham
Mount Pleasant, a village in Tudhoe parish, Durham, 1 mile W of Spennymoor railway station, and 4 miles WNW of Ferryhill. It has a post, money order, and telegraph' office (T.S.O.) under Spennymoor; and there are Wesleyan, Primitive Methodist, and Presbyterian chapels, a temperance-hall, and three schools.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: