Millfield St Mark, Durham
Millfield St Mark, a chapelry, with a railway station, in Bishop Wearmouth parish, Durham, 1 mile W of Sunderland. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office (T.S.O.) under Sunderland. It was constituted in 1868. Population, 13,657. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Durham; gross value, £420 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Durham. The church, consecrated in 1872, consists of chancel, nave, aisles, transepts, and bell-turret. See SUNDERLAND.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: