Langley Moor, Durham
Langley Moor, a colliery village in the township of Brandon and Byshottles, Brancepeth parish, Durham, 2 miles SW of Durham. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Durham. The collieries are extensively worked. There are Wesleyan, Methodist New Connexion, Baptist, and Primitive Methodist chapels, and a Roman Catholic school chapel, with priest's residence. There is also a literary institute and reading-room.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: