Haverton Hill, Durham
Haverton Hill, a village and an ecclesiastical parish in Billingham parish, Durham on the river Tees and the Clarence railway, 2 miles NW of Middlesborough. The parish was constituted in 1862, and includes Port Clarence and Salthoime, and has a post and money order office under Middlesborough. telegraph office at the railway station. Population, 2899. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Durham; gross value, £400 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Durham. The church was built in 1866. There are stations at Haverton Hill and Port Clarence on the N.E.R., and extensive salt works at both places.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.
Online maps of Haverton Hill are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: