Gilesgate Moor, Durham
Gilesgate Moor is a place adjoining the city of Durham, in the ecclesiastical parish of Belmont. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels, and a post and money order office under Durham; telegraph office, Durham, Giles, St. See COLCHESTER, DURHAM, NORTHAMPTON, NORWICH, and OXFORD.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.
Online maps of Gilesgate Moor are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: