UK Genealogy Archives logo

Derwenthaugh, Durham

Historical Description

Derwenthaugh, a hamlet in Winlaton parish, Durham, at the junction of the rivers Tyne and Derwent, on the Newcastle and Carlisle railway, 3 miles W of Gateshead. It has a goods station on the railway. There are extensive coke and firebrick works.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: