UK Genealogy Archives logo

Cows Hill, Durham

Historical Description

Cows-Hill, a village in Heathery Cleugh ecclesiastical parish, Durham. It has a post and money order office under Darlington; telegraph office, St John's Chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: