Burnopfield, an ecclesiastical parish in Durham, with a post, money order, and telegraph office (R.S.O.) The nearest station is Lintz Green, 1½ mile distant, on the N.E.R. Population, 4160. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Durham; net value, £284 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Durham. There are four Methodist chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.
Online maps of Burnopfield are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: