Billquay, a village in Heworth parish, Durham, on the river Tyne, 3 miles E of Gateshead. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Newcastle-on-Tyne; the railway station is at Pelaw Junction on the N.E.R. It has chemical and cement works, and shipbuilding yards. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ancient County||County Durham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Billquay from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Bill-Quay)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for County Durham is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering county Durham online: