Golden Cap, Dorset
Golden Cap, an eminence in the SW of Dorsetshire, near the coast, 2 miles WNW of Bridport. It has sands of the inferior oolite resting on lias, and is rich in fossils.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Dorset is available to browse.
Online maps of Golden Cap are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the Dorset County Chronicle and the Sherborne Mercury online.