Midgeholme, formerly an extra-parochial tract but now a township, in Cumberland, 7 miles E of Brampton Junction station on the N.E.R. Acreage, 5081 of land and 74 of water; population, 567.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Brampton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Midgeholme from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Midge-Holme)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Midgeholme are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
The Visitation of Cumberland, 1615 is available on the Heraldry page.