Woodbury Salterton, Devon
Woodbury Salterton., a village and an ecclesiastical parish in Devonshire, 4 miles from Topsham station on the L. & S.W.R., and 6 from Exeter. It has a post office under Exeter; money order and telegraph office, Woodbury. Population, 385. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter; net value, £240 with residence. The church is a building of stone in the Gothic style, and was erected in 1844. There is an endowed school.
Findmypast, in association with the South West Heritage Trust, Parochial Church Council, and Devon Family History Society have the Baptisms, Banns, Marriages, and Burials online for Woodbury Salterton
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Devon online:
The Visitation of the County of Devon in the year 1564, with additions from the earlier visitation of 1531, is online.
The Visitations of the County of Devon, comprising the Heralds' Visitations of 1531, 1564, & 1620, with additions by Lieutant-Colonel J.L. Vivian, published for the author by Henry S. Eland, Exeter 1895 is online.