Venn Ottery or Fen Ottery, Devon
Venn Ottery or Fen Ottery, a township in Devonshire, 1 mile from Tipton station on the L. & S.W.R. Post town, Ottery St Mary. Acreage, 918; population, 110. The kennels of the East Devon foxhounds are situated in the township. The living is a rectory, annexed to Harpford, in the diocese of Exeter; net value, £90. The church is a small building of stone in the Gothic style, and was restored in 1886.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Devon online:
The Visitation of the County of Devon in the year 1564, with additions from the earlier visitation of 1531, is online.
The Visitations of the County of Devon, comprising the Heralds' Visitations of 1531, 1564, & 1620, with additions by Lieutant-Colonel J.L. Vivian, published for the author by Henry S. Eland, Exeter 1895 is online.