Thruscross or Thurcross, Devon
Thruscross or Thurcross, a township, with a village, and an ecclesiastical parish formed from Fewston parish, W.R. Yorkshire, 4½ miles from Darley station, and about 5 from Pateley Bridge station on the N.E.R. Post town, Dacre-under Leeds; money order and telegraph office, Summer Bridge. Acreage, 6529; population, 219. The Duke of Devonshire is lord of the manor. There are a church, and Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1875. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon; gross value, £80. Patron, the Vicar of Fewston. The church consists of chancel, nave, S porch, and bell turret, and was restored in 1873.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Devon online:
The Visitation of the County of Devon in the year 1564, with additions from the earlier visitation of 1531, is online.
The Visitations of the County of Devon, comprising the Heralds' Visitations of 1531, 1564, & 1620, with additions by Lieutant-Colonel J.L. Vivian, published for the author by Henry S. Eland, Exeter 1895 is online.