Sutton on Plym, Devon
Sutton-on-Plym, a ward within the borough of Plymouth and an ecclesiastical parish formed in 1844 out of the parish of Charles-the Martyr, Plymouth, in Devonshire. Population, 7206. This is rapidly increasing. The living is a perpetual curacy (titular vicarage) in the diocese of Exeter; net value, £150. The church, dedicated to St John the Evangelist, contains a side chapel with altar dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Devon online:
The Visitation of the County of Devon in the year 1564, with additions from the earlier visitation of 1531, is online.
The Visitations of the County of Devon, comprising the Heralds' Visitations of 1531, 1564, & 1620, with additions by Lieutant-Colonel J.L. Vivian, published for the author by Henry S. Eland, Exeter 1895 is online.