Sparkwell, an ecclesiastical district of the civil parish of Plympton, in Devonshire, 2 miles from Cornwood station, and 3 from Plympton station on the G.W.R. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Plympton, and includes the hamlets of Lee Mill Bridge, Venton, Hemerdon, and Bottle Hill, and was constituted in 1884. Population, 954. The church is a stone building, erected in 1859. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter; gross value, £300. Patrons, Dean and Chapter of Windsor.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Devon online:
The Visitation of the County of Devon in the year 1564, with additions from the earlier visitation of 1531, is online.
The Visitations of the County of Devon, comprising the Heralds' Visitations of 1531, 1564, & 1620, with additions by Lieutant-Colonel J.L. Vivian, published for the author by Henry S. Eland, Exeter 1895 is online.