UK Genealogy Archives logo

Saltram, Devon

Historical Description

Saltram, the seat of the Earl of Morley, in the SW of Devonshire, on the Catwater, 2 miles ENE of Plymouth. It was built in the early part of the 18th century by Lady C. Parker, measures 170 feet by 135, and is noted for a rich gallery of pictures, formed chiefly by Sir J. Reynolds for the first Lord Boringdon.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5