Posbury, a chapelry in Crediton parish, Devonshire, 2½ miles SW of Crediton station on the L. & S.W.R. Post town, Crediton. Posbury Hill here was once fortified on the summit, and it commands an extensive view. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Exeter; gross value, £60. The church is modern.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Devon online:
The Visitation of the County of Devon in the year 1564, with additions from the earlier visitation of 1531, is online.
The Visitations of the County of Devon, comprising the Heralds' Visitations of 1531, 1564, & 1620, with additions by Lieutant-Colonel J.L. Vivian, published for the author by Henry S. Eland, Exeter 1895 is online.