Little Blencow, Cumberland
Blencow, Little, a township in Greystoke parish, Cumberland, 4½ miles WNW of Penrith. It has a post office of the name of Blencow under Penrith; money order and telegraph office, Greystoke. Population, including Greystoke, Johnby, Motherby, and Gill, 571. There is a small Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Penrith|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Little Blencow from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Blencow, Little)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Little Blencow are available from a number of sites: