Luton (Bishops Teignton), Devon
Luton, a hamlet-chapelry in Bishops Teignton parish, Devonshire, 3 miles NW of Bishops Teignton village, and 4 from Teignmouth station on the G.W.R. Post town, Bishops Teignton, under Teignmonth. The manor belongs to Lord Clifford. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Exeter, created in 1866 by the division of the parish of Bishops Teignton. The church was erected in 1865, and is good.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Devon online:
The Visitation of the County of Devon in the year 1564, with additions from the earlier visitation of 1531, is online.
The Visitations of the County of Devon, comprising the Heralds' Visitations of 1531, 1564, & 1620, with additions by Lieutant-Colonel J.L. Vivian, published for the author by Henry S. Eland, Exeter 1895 is online.