Leusden, a chapelry in Widecombe-in-the-Moor parish, Devonshire, on the E side of Dartmoor, 6 miles NNW of Ashburton station on the G.W.R. It was constituted in 1864. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Ashburton. Population, 378. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter; net value, £215 with residence. Patron, the Dean and Chapter of Exeter. The church was erected in 1863, and is a building in the Perpendicular style. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Devon online:
The Visitation of the County of Devon in the year 1564, with additions from the earlier visitation of 1531, is online.
The Visitations of the County of Devon, comprising the Heralds' Visitations of 1531, 1564, & 1620, with additions by Lieutant-Colonel J.L. Vivian, published for the author by Henry S. Eland, Exeter 1895 is online.