Landscove, a chapelry in Staverton parish, Devonshire, near the river Dart, 2 miles from Staverton station on the G.W.R., and 4 N of Totnes. It was constituted in 1852, and its post town is Ashburton, under Newton Abbot. Population of the ecclesiastical district, 286. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Exeter; net value, £240 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Staverton. The church is a handsome modern edifice, and was erected at the expense of Miss Champemoune.
Online maps of Landscove are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Devon online:
The Visitation of the County of Devon in the year 1564, with additions from the earlier visitation of 1531, is online.
The Visitations of the County of Devon, comprising the Heralds' Visitations of 1531, 1564, & 1620, with additions by Lieutant-Colonel J.L. Vivian, published for the author by Henry S. Eland, Exeter 1895 is online.