UK Genealogy Archives logo

Kingmoor, Cumberland

Historical Description

Kingmoor, a township in Stanwix parish, Cumberland, on the river Eden, 2 miles NNW of Carlisle railway station. The township comprises the hamlet of Kingstown, which has a post office under Carlisle; money order office, Stanwix; telegraph office, Carlisle. Acreage, 1169; population, 574. Brickmaking is carried on. The parish cemetery, 6 acres in extent, was formed in 1887.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyCumberland 
Poor Law unionCarlisle 
WardEskdale 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Kingmoor from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cumberland is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Kingmoor are available from a number of sites:


Villages, Hamlets, &c

Kingstown