Croyde, a hamlet in Georgeham parish, Devonshire, on a fine bay of its own name, 9 miles NW by W of Barnstaple. It is a small bathing place, and has pleasant environs. It has a post and telegraph office under Braunton (R.S.O.)
Church of England
The chapel of St. Mary Magdalen, erected in 1874, at a cost of £500, is a plain building of stone, consisting of chancel and nave, with an attached schoolroom, and is served by the rector of Georgeham, which is the mother parish: there are 150 sittings.
Online maps of Croyde are available from a number of sites: