Countess Weir, Devon
Countess Weir, an ecclesiastical district in Topsham parish, Devonshire, 2 miles E by S of Exeter, and 2 from Topsham station on the L. & S.W.R. It was constituted in 1844. Post town, Exeter, which is the money order and telegraph office. Population, 386. There are a few gentlemen's seats. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter; value, £240. Patron, the Incumbent of Topsham. The church consists of nave and chancel, with a small bell-turret, and was built in 1838.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Devon online:
The Visitation of the County of Devon in the year 1564, with additions from the earlier visitation of 1531, is online.
The Visitations of the County of Devon, comprising the Heralds' Visitations of 1531, 1564, & 1620, with additions by Lieutant-Colonel J.L. Vivian, published for the author by Henry S. Eland, Exeter 1895 is online.