Cofton, a perpetual curacy in Dawlish parish, Devonshire, near Starcross station on the G.W.R., 9 miles S by E of Exeter. Post town, Starcross; money order and telegraph office, Starcross, under Exeter. Population, 401. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter; value, £135 with residence. Patron, the Earl of Devon.
Online maps of Cofton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Devon online:
The Visitation of the County of Devon in the year 1564, with additions from the earlier visitation of 1531, is online.
The Visitations of the County of Devon, comprising the Heralds' Visitations of 1531, 1564, & 1620, with additions by Lieutant-Colonel J.L. Vivian, published for the author by Henry S. Eland, Exeter 1895 is online.