Bishops Clist, Devon
Bishops-Clist, a locality in Clist-St-Mary parish, Devonshire, 2½ miles NNE of Topsham, with a post office under Exeter. It was anciently the site of the seat of the Bishops of Exeter, and of an hospital founded by Bishop Stapleton.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Devon online:
The Visitation of the County of Devon in the year 1564, with additions from the earlier visitation of 1531, is online.
The Visitations of the County of Devon, comprising the Heralds' Visitations of 1531, 1564, & 1620, with additions by Lieutant-Colonel J.L. Vivian, published for the author by Henry S. Eland, Exeter 1895 is online.