Hutton Soil, Cumberland
Hutton Soil, a township in Greystoke parish, Cumberland, near the river Petterill, 2 miles from Plumpton station on the L. & N.W.R., and 5½ NNW of Penrith. It comprises the hamlet of Penruddock. Post town and money order office, Penruddock; telegraph office, Greystoke. Acreage, 4482; population, 372. There are Presbyterian and Wesleyan chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Penrith|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Hutton Soil from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Hutton-Soil)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cumberland is available to browse.