Stonebroom, a village in Shirland-with-Higham parish, Derbyshire, near Alfreton station on the M.R. It has a post and money order office under Alfreton; telegraph office, Doehill (E.S.) There are a church, and Baptist and Free Methodist chapels.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Online maps of Stonebroom are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: