Shuttlewood, a hamlet in Bolsover parish, Derbyshire, 5½ miles E of Chesterfield.
The register of St. Mary's dates from the year 1603.
Church of England
The Mission church of St. Lawrence, at Shuttlewood, in connection with St. Mary's, Bolsover, was erected in 1908 and will seat 250 persons.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Online maps of Shuttlewood are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: