Long Lane, Derbyshire
Long Lane, an ecclesiastical parish formed in 1859 from parts of Brailsford, Sutton-on-the-Hill, and Trusley parishes, Derbyshire, 6 miles N of Tutbury railway station, and 7 W of Derby. It includes part of the township of Osleston and Thnrvaston. Post town, Derby; money order and telegraph office, Etwall. Population, 276. The living of Christ Church is a vicarage in the diocese of Southwell; net value, £64 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Sutton-on-the Hill. The church is a plain brick structure consisting of chancel, nave, south porch, and a belfry.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: