Locko Park, Derbyshire
Locko Park, about 300 acres in extent, a seat in Spondon parish, Derbyshire, 4 miles NE by E of Derby. It belongs to the Lowe family, and occupies the site of an ancient hospital to St Lazarus, which was given by Edward III. to what is now Trinity College, Cambridge. Lockston. See LOXTON.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Locko Park from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Lockhay, or Locko)
Online maps of Locko Park are available from a number of sites: