Little Hucklow, Derbyshire
Hucklow, Little, a hamlet and a township in Bradwell parish, Derbyshire, 2½ miles from Tideswell, and 4 from Miller's Dale station on the M.R. Post town, Sheffield; money order and telegraph office, Tideswell. Acreage, 590; population, 120. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Bakewell|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Little Hucklow from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Hucklow, Little)
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Online maps of Little Hucklow are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: