Holymoorside, a village in Chesterfield parish, Derbyshire, 3½ miles SW of Chesterfield station on the M.R. It has a post and money order office under Chesterfield; telegraph office, New Brampton. There are a school chapel and a Congregational chapel.
The Congregational chapel, erected in 1862, has 160 sittings
Primitive Methodist Chapel
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Online maps of Holymoorside are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: