Heathcote, a hamlet in Hartington Nether Quarter township, Hartington parish, Derbyshire, 5½ miles W of Winster. Railway station and post town, Ashbourne; money order and telegraph office, Hartington. It has a Primitive Methodist chapel.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Online maps of Heathcote are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: