Haley Hill, Derbyshire
Haley Hill, a village in North Owram parish, and an ecclesiastical parish in Halifax parish, W.R. Yorkshire. The village is suburban to Halifax, on the town's NE side. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1855, and its post town is Halifax. Population, 7324. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Wakefield; net value, £S 08 with residence. Patrons, Simeon's Trustees. The church was consecrated in 1859. It stands on an eminence figuring conspicuously in the landscape of town and country; is in the Early Decorated style of the time of Edward L; comprises nave, with aisles terminated eastward by transepts, chancel, with chapels on the N and S sides, and a baptistery of black Derbyshire marble; has a very graceful tower and spire, 236 feet high; is ornamented with marble, serpentine, and alabaster; has a pulpit of Caen stone, and is endowed with £250 per annum.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: