Grindlow, a township in Bradwell parish, Derbyshire, 2½ miles ENE of Tideswell, and 4½ from Miller's Dale station on the M.R. Acreage, 296; population, 35. Post town, Sheffield; money order and telegraph office, Tideswell.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Bakewell|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Grindlow from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Grindlow)
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Online maps of Grindlow are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: