Greenhill Lane, Derbyshire
Greenhill Lane, a hamlet in Biddings parish, Derbyshire, 2½ miles SSE of Alfreton. It has a post office under Alfreton; money order and telegraph office, Biddings. An um containing about 800 Roman coins was found here in 1749. There is a Wesleyan chapel and a Friends' meeting-house.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Greenhill Lane from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Greenhill-Lane)
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: