Gamesley, a hamlet in Dinting township, Glossop parish, Derbyshire, 1 mile from Dinting station on the M.S. & L.R. There is a spring mattress manufactory here; also the remains of a Roman camp called Melandra and Melandra Castle, where coins, tablets, and other objects have been found.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Online maps of Gamesley are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: