Bridge Hill, Derbyshire
Bridge-Hill, an ecclesiastical parish formed from Belper parish, Derbyshire, near the river Derwent and the M.R., and part of the town of Belper. It was constituted in 1845. Post town, Belper. Population, 2873. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Southwell; value, £230. The church is in the Early English style, and was built in 1849.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bridge Hill from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Bridge-Hill)
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: