Birchwood, a colliery district in Biddings parish, Derbyshire, 1 mile from Pye Hill station on the G.N.R. There is a United Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Belper|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Birchwood from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: