Trevor, a village and two townships in Llangollen parish, Denbighshire. The village stands on the Ellesmere Canal, 3 miles ENE of Llangollen, and has a station on the Ruabon, Bala, and Dolgelly branch of the G.W.R. The townships are Trevor Issa and Trevor Ucha. Trevor Hall was formerly the seat of the Trevor and Lloyd families, and belongs now to the Thomas family. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St Asaph; gross value, £98. The church is small.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Trevor are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: