Trefnant, a village and an ecclesiastical parish, in Henllan civil parish, Denbighshire. The village is 3 miles N of Denbigh, with a station on the Denbigh and Rhyl section of the L. & N.W.R., and a post, money order, and telegraph office (R.S.O.) The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1855. Population, 624. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £187 with residence. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church, a beautiful edifice by Sir G. Gilbert Scott in The Early Decorated style, was erected in 1855. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||St. Asaph||1896 - 1935|
|Registration district||Aled||1935 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Trefnant are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: