Towyn, an ecclesiastical parish in Abergele parish, Denbighshire, with a station at Foryd on the L. & N.W.R., 2 miles WNW of Pensam. It has a post office under Abergele (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Pensam. It was constituted in 1873: population, 407. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £197 with residence. The church is dedicated to St Mary.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|County Court district||Rhyl|
|Ecclesiastical parish||Towyn St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||St. Asaph|
|Registration district||St. Asaph||1837 - 1935|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Towyn from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: