Pengwern, a township in Llangollen parish, Denbighshire, near Llangolleiii Pengwem House was built by Tudor Trevor, Earl of Hereford; passed in the 14th century to the Mostyn family; and has been so changed as to retain only one chamber of the original structure.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Pengwern are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: