Minera, a village, a township, and an ecclesiastical parish in Wrexham parish, Denbighshire. The village stands on the river Clywedog, under Cym-y-Brain Mountain, 1½ mile S of the boundary with Flintshire, 1 mile W of Ofia's Dyke, and 4 WNW of Wrexham, and has a post and money order office under Wrexham; telegraph office, Adwyrclawdd. The-township comprises 1393 acres; population, 1566. The-rocks are very rich in iron, lead, and copper ores, and they adjoin the outcrop of the coal measures, adjacent to lime and slate quarries. The ecclesiastical parish is more extensive than the township, and was constituted in 1844. Population, 5763. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; gross value, £297 with residence. Patron, the-Vicar of Wrexham. The church was rebuilt in 1867. A church was built in 1894 at Coedporth, a mission church at the Wern, and another at Pentrebais. There are Congregational and Wesleyan chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Wrexham||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: